What is Pathfinder?
Pathfinder is a 3-year homelessness prevention programme for young people across Greater Manchester. The programme has been designed for young people who are either homeless or at risk of homelessness. Through coaching, it enables these young people to overcome any challenges that are impacting their accommodation. Our priority is to work with 18-25-year-olds, but we are able to support people up to the age of 35. Over the duration of the programme, we aim to support 1,250 young people across all boroughs of Greater Manchester through our specialist local delivery providers.
What are the referral criteria?
- Young person aged 18-25 (if you would like to make a referral for someone aged 25-35, please contact us)
- Living in Greater Manchester
- At risk of homelessness – including financial instability/debt, risk of eviction, relationship breakdowns or unstable/insecure accommodation
What can young people expect from the project?
- Sustained accommodation either through stabilising existing accommodation or facilitating access to new long-term accommodation
- A personalised plan, led by the young person, that reflects their strengths, aspirations, and circumstances
- Opportunities to engage in activities that they find interesting or helpful in their life to support their values. This can include a broad array of learning, working or volunteering activities
- A focus on wellbeing, supporting improvement of their mental health and physical health
- Coaching style of delivery to empower young people to realise and achieve their goals and aspirations for the future, and to create long-term, sustainable changes to their housing
If you would like to hear more about the programme, to invite someone from GMBOP to speak to your team or service, or to make a referral, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org